Effective date: May 20, 2014
1. Overview and Legal Compliance
- 1.3 You may be required to provide Us with certain information when using portions of the Web Site. You agree that the information You provide will be true and accurate. You consent to Our verifying any information that You provide.
2. Information You Provide: How We Collect and Use It
- 2.1 Information You Provide During Registration: Some of Our Web Sites include registration forms that require You to give Us the following Personally Identifiable Information in order to register: contact information (like Your name), unique identifiers (like Your email address), and demographic information (like Your Zip code or age). We use contact information from registration forms to send You information related to Our products and services if You consent to receiving such mailings. Your contact information may also be used to contact You when necessary for administrative purposes related to Your account. We use Your email as a unique identifier in our record system, to verify communications from You, and to send You newsletters and promotion offerings that You ask to receive or to tell You about changes to the Web Site.
- 2.2 Sharing with Affiliates and Business Partners. To provide You the best products and services, We team with business partners. When You indicate that You want to receive a product or service, or contact a person or organization, We share the data needed for You to receive that product or service or make that contact. Occasionally, We hire consultants who may need access to Our member database to perform their services for Us. We may contract with outside companies to administer our mailing lists or provide retail services. Your Personally Identifiable Information may be shared with an outside company for the sole purpose of administering the products, services and programs You have selected.
- 2.3 We may disclose Your Personally Identifiable Information to comply with the law, government orders, court orders, or legal process served on Us or to protect and defend Our property, rights or Users. Further, in the unlikely event that Landtrust National Title merges with or is acquired by another business entity or some or all of its assets are acquired, your personal information will necessarily be a business asset that is acquired in the transaction.
- 2.4 Email Services: Opting Out If You take advantage of any email notification features on Our Web Sites, You will receive email updates as described in the service. We provide You with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from Us. To remove Your name from an email service, simply click on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email and type in Your information. If You have any questions regarding privacy on Our Web Site, You may email Us.
3. Non-PII We Collect to Provide You with a Customized Online Experience
For more information on cookies, please see Information about Cookies.
4. Data Enhancement
- 4.1 Data Enhancement. We obtain aggregated demographic information such as age, income, and household composition from our business partners to better understand our customers and improve our products and services. This aggregated demographic information does not identify You individually.
- 5.1 We are concerned with the security of Your Information. We use our best commercially reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your Personally Identifiable Information and Non-PII, using devices like firewalls and Secure Socket Layers. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet is guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, We cannot ensure the security of any information You transmit to Us or receive from Our online products or services. Accordingly, You transmit and receive information at Your own risk.
6. Personal Tools and Discussion Groups
- 6.1 Certain products on Our sites allow You to store Your Personally Identifiable Information for future use. We do not share this information with third parties, other than as set forth above.
- 6.2 We offer Discussion Groups for the use of Our Users and prospective customers. We moderate these Discussion Groups that cover a wide range of topics. You should be aware that information disclosed in these Discussion Groups is made available to all Discussion Group members and thus becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any Personal Identifiable Information.
- 7.1 We may survey Users for contact information, unique identifiers and demographic information. You are never required to answer these questions. The information You submit may be used for analyzing overall Web Site demographics, preferences and tastes, and similar “getting to know Our customers” purposes. We may disclose this data to third parties in an aggregated form (such as summary reports for our advertisers) but never with User Personally Identifiable Information.
8. Outside Links
- 8.1 While on the Web Site, You may choose to follow links to other web sites. Be aware that other sites may collect data and personal information and operate according to their own privacy practices. Please remember that once you are outside of Our Web Site or Web Sites, any information You submit is outside of Our control.
- 9.1 The Web Sites are not targeted or directed at children under the age of 13 and We do not knowingly or intentionally collect Personally Identifiable Information or Non-PII from children under the age of 13. If You believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Us with his or her information, please notify Us immediately.
10. Changing your Personal Information
- 10.1 You may update, correct or delete your personal information, by contacting us at Landtrust National Title, 120 South LaSalle Street, Suite 2000, Chicago, IL 60603.
- 11.1 The web site is provided “as is,” “as available,” and without any warranties of any kind, including, without limitation, any warranty regarding the quality, performance, or functionality of the web site or regarding the quality or accuracy of any information obtained from or available through use of the web site or that the web site will be uninterrupted or error-free. Landtrust National Title makes no warranty that any defects, whether known or unknown, will be corrected, or that the web site will be virus-free. Landtrust National Title disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of title, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Some states do not allow limitations on implied warranties so these limitations may not apply to you. In these states, Landtrust National Title’s liability is limited to the fullest extent permitted by law.